You rely on your brakes every day to keep you and your loved ones safe on the road, but how often do you actually think about them? At Oneway Automotive in Ardmore, OK, your safety is our top priority. That’s why we offer comprehensive brake inspections, repairs, and replacements.
How often should I get my brakes checked?
Getting your brakes checked regularly is the best way to keep your vehicle safe and avoid a major issue or pricey repairs. We recommend having your brakes checked when you get your oil changed. The expert technicians at Oneway Automotive will inspect your braking system checking for wear and to make sure your system is functioning properly.
How can I make my brakes last longer?
Brakes wear out over time, but some driving habits can cause more stress on the brakes making them wear faster than they should.
- Driving on hilly roads – This may not be something you can avoid, but hilly roads and sharp turns put a lot of strain on your braking system.
- Riding your brakes – Riding your brakes is a notoriously bad driving habit. When you ride your brakes, you are actually keeping the brake pads engaged, causing constant wear.
- Constant stop-and-go traffic – Traffic is unavoidable when you live in a major city as is the stress it puts on your brakes. Regular inspections and maintenance are crucial to the life of your car if you drive in the city.
- Using lower quality parts – This one, you have control over. Don’t cut corners on your brake system. Saving money may seem like a good idea, but it will actually cost you more in the long run.
Signs of brake issues
The best way to know when it is time to replace or repair your brakes is with regular inspections. If you are between inspections and notice any of these signs, come see the expert mechanics at Oneway Automotive immediately.
- Noises when braking – Squealing, squeaking, or grinding noises when you are braking are never a good sign.
- Soft brakes – Are your brake pedals down further and further? It is a sign that your brakes are wearing out. You should have your system checked soon.
- Brake warning light – Just like you shouldn’t ignore your check engine light, your brake warning light is there to keep you safe. If it is lighting up, it could mean a loss of hydraulic pressure or something else. No matter what, it is time to have your brakes looked at by a skilled, reliable mechanic.
- Leaking brake fluid – Your braking system relies heavily on the presence of brake fluid. If you suspect a leak, get it checked before it escalates into a bigger issue.
Brake Repair Near Me
Brake maintenance and repair are not something to be put off or trusted to just any mechanic. The skilled technicians at Oneway Automotive are experts in brakes and we will get you safely back on the road in no time.